Habitat ReStore accepts new and gently used appliances, furniture, building materials, household goods and more from individuals and companies. All items must be in good condition, working and functioning properly.
Appliances: Appliances should be newer than 15 years old and in working condition. EPA regulations prevent the resale of faucets, water heaters, and dishwashers that are not certified lead free.
- Refrigerators or freezers
- Microwave ovens
- Gas and electrical ranges
- AC window units
- HVAC unit (must be 5 years or newer)
Flooring: We accept new flooring in sizes exceeding 50 square feet with no stains, fraying, odors or animal hair. Hardwood, vinyl, tile & laminate flooring should also be in good, unused condition.
- Carpet & carpet padding; min.50 sq. ft.
- Rugs (New)
- Vinyl; tile or sheet,
- Ceramic tile
Cabinetry: We accept residential and commercial cabinets that have all doors and drawers. Cabinets must be free from water damage, mold or structural damage.
- Individual pieces
- Full cabinet sets
- Kitchen and bathroom cabinets
- Workshop, office and miscellaneous storage cabinets
Electrical: We accept residential and commercial electrical items.
- NEW digital thermostats
- Drop cords, coaxial cable, electrical wiring of usable length and gauge
- Glass block
- Cement and mortar (New)
Architectural items: Architectural items that are in good condition without structural or water damage.
- Porch posts
- Other unique items
Electronics: We accept working electronics which must include all cords/connectors/accessories.
- DVD Players
- Digital-ready flatscreen TVs
- Radios & stereos
Doors: Doors must be in good condition with no rotted wood, broken panels, or punctures.
- Residential doors
- Door slabs
- Entryway units
- French door sets
Hardware: We accept hardware in good condition that is clean and unpainted. We also accept hand and power tools that pose no safety risks.
- Complete sets of door hardware
- Nails, screws
- Hangers, connectors, fasteners, hinges etc.
- Hand and power tools
Lighting: Lighting must be complete and in good and working condition. We accept indoor and outdoor lighting that is free from cracks or broken glass.
- Indoor and outdoor lamps
- Interior fixtures (chandeliers, sconces, flush mount, ceiling fans, pendants)
- Exterior fixtures (sconces, flush mount, post lighting)
Plumbing: Plumbing items must be in good condition with no chips, cracks or rust.
- Stainless steel and porcelain kitchen sinks
- Pedestal and drop-in bathroom sinks
- Fiberglass bathtubs (no cracks)
- Toilets: neutral color (white, tan, beige, no cracks)
- Faucets (complete sets) – new only
- Water heaters – new only
- Hardware, fittings, piping, etc. – new only
Furniture: We accept upholstered furniture without stains, rips or animal hair and wood or metal furniture that is structurally complete. Due to sanitation restrictions, we can only accept mattresses or box springs in like-new condition.
- Wood furniture, all types
- Tables, chairs, small desks, bookcases, dressers, armoires, file cabinets,
- Home Furnishings (living room, bedroom, kitchen, dining room, office)
Paint: Paint cans must be full, unopened dated 2 years old or less and properly stored and sealed with no rust.
- Quart, gallon, and five-gallon containers
- Unopened, non-rusted cans
- Properly stored
Lumber: Must be at least 6 ft. in length with no nails or warping. Sheet goods must be at least 4ft. sheets with no damage or warping.
- Treated or untreated lumber
- Sheet goods (particle board, pressboard, plywood, paneling)
- Trim, molding
- Properly stored
Windows: Vinyl windows must be complete units and in good condition. No rotted wood, cracked or foggy glass.
- Picture and bay
- Complete window units
- Window Blinds
- Storm or sash windows
Miscellaneous: Miscellaneous building and decorating products
- Siding and shingles
- Gardening tools, lawn equipment
- Shutters (int./ext.)